What are the primary reasons why people avoid becoming a part of a local church body?
A Commitment to Church
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-14. How does Paul use the breath in our human bodies to illustrate the role of the Holy Spirit in the church?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:15-26. How does God ensure that our diverse Spiritual body remains united?
- Why is it important to join a local, organized group of believers?
A Commitment to Family
- Why are families so important in God’s plan?
- What do parents need most in order to raise their children in accordance with God’s will?
- How do we as a church respond to all the different forms of family that we find in today’s culture?
A Commitment to Care
- Read Galatians 6:2 and 2 Thessalonians 3:10. How do we find a balance between ministering to genuine need and encouraging others to take responsibility for their own well-being?
- What are the consequences for failing to have tough conversations when they become necessary?
- What scriptural guidelines are we given for having these conversations in a God-honoring way?
- Why is it necessary to grieve our losses together?
- Why is it necessary to celebrate together?