Printable Version | Stewardship & Giving Part 1
Why can stewardship and giving discussions make us uncomfortable?
- Read Genesis 1:26-27; 2:15-19. Describe the role that God intended human beings to have within His creation. How well do you think that we have fulfilled this role?
- What steps can we, as God’s children, take to re-establish our stewardship role in creation?
- Why did God establish the practice of tithing for the people of Israel?
- Why is giving to God’s work an expression of our worship?
- Do you believe that God intends the practice of tithing to continue among His people today? Why or why not?
- Why is love an important motivating factor in our role as stewards of God’s provisions?
- How does God want us to view those who are under-resourced in our world?
- Read Matthew 25:37-46. How should we respond to Jesus’s warning in this passage?