Printable Version | Sharing Our Faith Part 2
Share with the group an experience where you shared or tried to share your faith with someone else. What sort of response did you receive?
Listen to Their Story
- Read John 4:1-26. How does Jesus show His care and compassion for this woman in His conversation with her?
- Why is it important to listen without judgment?
- Why is it important to listen to the other person’s story before we seek to share our story or God’s story? Are there exceptions to this guideline?
Share Our Story
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:9-10. How does Paul’s transparency about his own past failures make him a more effective witness?
- Have you taken the time to write a brief, organized summary of your God’s story? If you have, how has it helped you to share your faith? If you have not, what would convince you to take this step?
Share God’s Story
- Have you created a simple outline to share God’s story? Have you used a tool that makes this easier?
- What are the obstacles that prevent some people from sharing this story with others? How do we overcome these obstacles?
Connect Their Story to God’s Story
- How can we continue ongoing discussion regarding God’s Story?
- How do you know when it is time to invite another person to follow Jesus?