Printable Version | Prayer Part 2
Why is Lord’s Prayer is so often repeated in cultures throughout the world? Why has this prayer powerfully affected so many people?
- Read the Lord’s Prayer as it is found in Matthew 6:9-13. Why did Jesus give this prayer to His disciples? Did He intend for them to repeat this prayer word-by-word?
- Why do we begin our prayer by addressing “Our Father in heaven”?
- Why is it important that the Father’s name be kept holy?
- Read Luke 22:42. Why does Jesus pray that the Father’s will be done, rather than His own will?
- Why should we begin our prayer with worship?
- Why do we pray only for “our daily bread”?
- How does prayer help us when we get concerned about our physical needs?
- Describe a time when you have been content with and comforted by God, as you prayed through a time of real need?
- Why does Jesus include this need to forgive within His model prayer?
- Why is forgiveness so difficult?
- Why does Jesus tie our forgiveness to the forgiveness of others?
- Read Ephesians 6:12 and 1 Peter 5:8. Why should we pray to be delivered from temptation?
- Read James 1:13-14. Why, according to the Lord’s Prayer, do we ask God not to “lead us into temptation”, when James clearly says that God tempts no one?