Discuss a time in your life when a passage from the Bible provided hope or direction for you.
- What do you think the author to the Hebrews means when he says that the Word of God is “Sharper than any double-edged sword” (Hebrews 4:12)
- Read Hebrews 1:1-2. How did the Old Testament prophets prepare God’s people for the coming of Jesus?
- Why is it important to discern what really God says, before we decide how His word applies to us today?
- Why should we know something about the original setting and “flow” of a biblical story to understand it properly?
- Read Mark 2:13-17. What would you say is the “Big Idea” in this passage? (Write a statement, using the example found earlier in this session.)